"Search the menus" on right click

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 months ago by Procam
Version: 22.1.5

Hello Actipro, is there a way to display, as in Word or Excel, the "Search the menus" on the right click? It enables the users to search through all available functions and those are then displayed filtered in the context menu and directly useable. Unfortunately, it is not possible to post here a picture for better understanding.

Comments (3)

Posted 11 months ago by Procam

I think I can use something similar as in the sample app "\Actipro Software\WPF-Controls\v21.1.0\SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\RibbonSamples\QuickStart\ContextMenu\MainControl.xaml" but how to deal with the filter?

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't have anything like that built in, at least within the menu.  That being said, if you look in our Editors / AutoCompleteBox QuickStart, the "Quick launch tasks" gallery item shows a popup that dynamically updates as you type.  This kind of feature is similar to what you see in some apps' title bars.  Perhaps you could use that control to achieve this sort of feature in your app. 

Another example of it being used is on the home page of our Sample Browser app where there is a "Search samples" AutoCompleteBox.  It dynamically updates as you type more than a couple characters.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 months ago by Procam

In the end, I had to implement my own, using a similar way as the sample above. Thanks anyway.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.