Posted 10 months ago by Rory Mathers
Version: 22.1.4
Platform: .NET 4.8
Environment: Windows 11 (64-bit)

Hi,

we have found that global enums are not always displayed in the intelliprompt when we would expect them to be.

Example:

• Define a global enum called "GlobalEnum"
  • Create a method and in it start typeing the word "enum"

Case 1:

As the user types, "GlobalEnum" is displayed in the intelliprompt.

Case 2:

After the word enum has been typed(with no whitespace after), the intelliprompt is closed, then reopened. "GlobalEnum" is no longer shown in the intelliprompt.

Case 3:

Repeat cases 1 and 2 but typing "Enum" with a capital E. In both cases "GlobalEnum" is shown.

I would expect "GlobalEnum" to also be displayed in case 2. I have tried configuring the context and the completion provider in differnt ways, but can't seem to get "GlobalEnum" added to the list in case 2.

I have also tested the same thing using a struct called "GlobalStruct", but it is shown in the list in every case.

Is this a bug or is it expected? And if its a bug, can it be fixed in the next version?

Kind Regards, Rory Mathers

Comments (3)

Posted 10 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rory,

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble reproducing this.  Can you give exact document text and steps of where to type what so that we can see what you see in our main demo?  Thank you!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 months ago by Rory Mathers

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have recreated the problem in the ""C# Editor" (.NET Lan. Add-on)"demo. In doing so I noticed the problem only appears when the enum is defined after the class.

The intelliprompt in our application is configured to open as the user types but the behaviour can be observed in the demo by opening the intelliprompt after each typed character.

• Open the demo
  • After the CSharpLanguage class add "enum GlobalEnum{A,B,C}"
  • In the DemoTest method type "enu", then open the intelliprompt.
    • "GlobalEnum" is in the list of items.
  • Type "m" so that the full word "enum" is typed, then open the intelliprompt again.
    • "GlobalEnum" is no longer in the list of items.
  • Change the "e" in "enum" to a capital "E", place the cursor at the end of the word and open the intelliprompt again.
    • "GlobalEnum" is in the list of items

Kind Regards, Rory Mathers

Posted 10 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rory,

Thank you for the additional detail.  Error handling required some improvement within block statements, and those updates fixed this.  The update will be in the next maintenance release, which should be v23.1.3.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 9 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.