It it possible to create a dynamically growing heatmap?

Micro Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 9 months ago by Nerd22 - Germany
Version: 23.1.2

Hello,

I would like to create a heatmap. In the sample browser there's a good example (server temperature) with a static XAML datagrid of 5 columns and 3 rows. I'm would like to create a dynamically growing example, but it seems, that this might be impossible.

On runime of an own example, which produces "only" 30 values / seconds (10 / 0.333333s) the used XAML datagrid causes to freeze the UI in less than 5s. There's no mention, that this is inefficient. It seems, that the XAML grid has a huge memory requirement.

So, is there a way to realize that in another way? My first idea was to use the WriteableBitmapClass, which comes with C#, but I'm usure, if this works better.

Thanks. :o)

Comments (1)

Posted 9 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The MicroHeatMapPresenter should generally be a fairly lightweight control.  Are you thinking the problem is with our control or with a containing grid?  It's hard to give any advice without being able to debug a simple example of the problem.  If you'd like us to check it out, please put together a new simple sample project that shows what you're seeing and send it to our support address.  Be sure to reference this thread in your email and exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can take a look and see if we have ideas on what is causing the performance issue.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.