Posted 3 months ago by ABHISHEK KUMAR

I've been trying to use the ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor control version 12.1

When I try to change the this.myEditor.ForeColor or this.myEditor.BackColor but nothing seems to change.

Can someone suggest how can I change colour for this version.

[Modified 3 months ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 3 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

In that very old version, there was a VisualStudio2005SyntaxEditorRenderer class with a TextAreaBackgroundFill property you could set to a SolidColorBackgroundFill instance to set the background color.  Then set an instance of that renderer class to SyntaxEditor.Renderer.

Foregrounds were driven by highlighting styles and fell back to SystemColors.WindowText.

In newer versions, things are different from above and mostly driven by highlighting styles for everything, in particular a plain text highlighting style to provide default foreground and background.  If the Plain Text highlighting style does not define either a foreground or background color, the control's ForeColor or BackColor will be used as a fallback.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.