Strange slower performance when the screen tip appear

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 months ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 23.1.4

Hi!

I have an application with ribbon, docking and everything.

This application can do some intensive calculations and it works good but when I hover some ribbon buttons and the screen tip appears, I can see this message in VS output

“'MachineSimulator.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: MachineSimulator.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll'.”

and after that the application updates becomes very slow.

I want to mention that this application also has a WindowsFormsHost which hosts an OpenTK.GLControl.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (3)

It seems that the problem might appear when also the popup for a ribbon button appears and even without the OpenTK control.

[Modified 2 months ago]

Answer - Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  We aren't aware of anything like the slowdown you mentioning, at least in the latest version.  Are you on v23.1.4 as indicated by your original post, or something earlier?  If something earlier, please try the latest build to see if it helps since I think one of the earlier v23.1 builds did introduce a UIA-related performance issue, which was then fixed in v23.1.3.

If it doesn't help, did this happen in older Actipro builds too (perhaps you can test that on your end in your app) or is this something new?  Are you able to reproduce the slowdown in our samples app?

The Accessibility assembly is loaded when any UI accessibilty functionality in WPF is first accessed.  Actions such as opening tooltips do trigger that sort of thing.

Actipro Software Support

Hi!

Somehow a normal tree view was the problem. Somehow after a popup appears the tree view cicle thru IsSelected (this was bind 2 ways) a lot of times making the application so much slower.

Kind regards,

Daniel

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.