Custom Syntax Highlighting color for the python Languages Add-on

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 1 month ago by medHIL
Version: 20.1.0

How can I modify the default syntax highlighting in the "Python Languages Add-on" and retain the benefits of Add-ons?

Or conversely, how can I use a custom .langdef for syntax highlighting and then call the "Python Languages Add-on" and its features without its syntax highlighting ?

Comments (3)

Posted 1 month ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The add-on uses its own specialized lexer to tokenize text.  But there is some flexibility in syntax highlighting.  Can you give some detail on exactly what you are looking to change so that we may provide suggestions?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 month ago by medHIL

I want to use python Add-on factures and custom its own default token color by using .langdef file

Posted 1 month ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The Python Language Add-on uses the various classification types that are properties on the PythonClassificationTypeProvider class.  You can customize the highlighting styles (colors, etc.) for any of those by registering highlighting style entries and using the Register method overload that says to overwrite existing entries.  You don't need to use a .langdef file to do that kind of thing.

Actipro Software Support

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.