The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 10 days ago by BenjaminLopVic - France
Version: 24.1.1

Hello,

I'm using a horizontal ListBox to display an Enum, but I needed to hide some values similar to the EnumEditBox. To achieve this, I set a Style on the ListBoxItem to hide items when the EditorBrowsable attribute is set to "Never":

<shared:HorizontalListBox.ItemContainerStyle>
    <Style TargetType="{x:Type ListBoxItem}" >
        <Style.Triggers>
            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Converter={StaticResource BrowsableToBool}}" Value="False">
                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
            </DataTrigger>
        </Style.Triggers>
    </Style>
</shared:HorizontalListBox.ItemContainerStyle>

This works fine except that the style no longer resembles the default one. I tried using "BasedOn" like this:

BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Static themes:SharedResourceKeys.ListBoxItemStyleKey}}"

But I haven't found any style like "HorizontalListBoxItemStyle". With "ListBoxItemStyle", it's better but not perfect; the selected item is gray when the control is not focused instead of blue.

Where can I find the base style for items of a HorizontalListBox ? 

Thanks,

Benjamin.

Comments (2)

Posted 10 days ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't have a public key at the moment for that Style.  We will add "{StaticResource {x:Static themes:SharedResourceKeys.HorizontalListBoxItemStyleKey}}" for the next maintenance release.

That being said, you can easily filter down the values you pass to the ItemsSource manually, or could use a CollectionView to do so.  That kind of concept would work with the current version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 days ago by BenjaminLopVic - France

Hello,

For more context, I'm using this HorizontalListBox inside a PropertyGrid.

I've already attempted to manually provide only the items I wanted in the itemsSource using an ObjectDataProvider, which I believe is very similar to the solution you suggested. It sort of worked; I have only the enum values that I wanted displayed. However, if my bound value is a value that is not displayed, the listBox won't get updated, and the selected value remains the old one. This is why I opted for the style approach. The listBox contains all values, so the selected value is always correct even if it's not displayed.

Thanks.

Benjamin.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.