Customize ribbon like in Outlook

Bars for WPF Forum

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 months ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 2 months ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 24.1.2

Hi!

The main reason for me to migrate to bars controls would be if there would be easier support inside bars for customizing the ribbon (similar with customizing QAT). If there are plans to add that and maybe add a customize ribbon sample inside samples I would try to migrate in no time. I need to have in my app the option to customize the ribbon the same as in Outlook.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (2)

Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the feedback.  We do have a TODO item to add ribbon customization capabilities and I will log your request with it.

When you refer to Outlook's customization features, are you referring to the classic desktop Office app or the more recent New Outlook's ability to customize the ribbon, which is a lot different than the old way of customizing the ribbon?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 months ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Hi!
Anyone is good enough for me, I think.
I find the old one easier but maybe it is because I am more familiar with it. I suppose though in time people will want the new one as it will become the new standard way to customize the ribbon.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.