Some themes does not work well with cutom ribbon buttons

Ribbon for WPF Forum

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 3 months ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 2 months ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 24.1.1

Hi!

I have a ribbon:Button with the ControlTemplate of a Slider in the QuickAccessToolBarCommonItems (I need a slider in the QAT). This works well for the Dark, Black and most of the themes. The problem is with the High Contrast Theme. The slider does not work. It behaves like an image on top of the ribbon button.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Comments (4)

Posted 2 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm sorry but it's difficult to provide assistance for this kind of thing without debugging a simple sample project that shows exactly what you are doing.  If you'd like us to look, please send one to our support address.  Be sure to exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can have a look.  Thanks!

In general though, can't you just use a Slider control directly instead of trying the more complicated process of retemplating buttons?  The Edit tab of our main classic Ribbon demo shows use of some external edit box controls.  You should be able to do the same thing with a Slider.  You might want to try that first.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 month ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Hi!

I cannot use the slider directly because I need the ribbon ID so it cannot be added multiple times. Also I need the slider inside the Customize QAT to add it or remove it from the QAT. I have a similar slider inside the ribbon and I want to have the "Add to QAT" option when right click on it. Maybe an idea would be to have a ribbon::Slider to be able to use it like a ribbon::Button.

I will create a sample today or tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Answer - Posted 1 month ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

What about if you make a control that inherits ribbon:ControlBase and put the Slider in its template?  That should give you access to features like the Id property and automatic context menu generation.  If you also set the CloneService.CanCloneToQuickAccessToolBar attached property to true on it, it will be cloneable to the QAT.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 month ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Hi!

That worked. I do not know how I did not thought about it.

Thanks!

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.