Grammar editor/code generator enhancements

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Vincent Parrett
Version: 4.0.0260
I'm attempting to share the AST between two languages, and the grammar code generation is causing some grief because I cannot specifiy where the AST class files are placed. Yes I can edit the source code but then I have to maintain that myself with every release.

I'd really like to see the grammar editor separated out of the demo and beefed up with more functionality.

Regards

Vincent.

Comments (3)

Heres a suggestion for the AST output path, allow us to specify it as an attribute on the Ast element in the grammar xml.

Regards

Vincent.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean being able to specify an additional relative path for each individual AST node, or a different path for all the AST nodes? Maybe include sample code in your reply. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi

I mean allow us to specify a output path for the entire AST, and allow that to be a relative path. It's currently hard coded to output in a folder called AST relative to the grammar file, however I'm sharing the AST between two grammars, each in their own folders but part of the same project.

This is how I'd like to structure my project

\
\AST
\VBScript\vbscriptgrammar.xml
\JavaScript\javascriptgrammar.xml

e.g

<Ast Generate="true" OutputPath="..\AST" >
Regards

Vincent.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.