ScaleTransform Problems

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Siegfried Kreutzer - Ecolog GmbH
Version: 1.0.0347
Hi Support Team,

I try to scale my Application in size, and everything works fine except the Button of the Application menu. The Button is only half visible (cut in the middle).

I used a ScrollViewer Control to gain scrolling functionality if the size of the content increases over the bounds of the window. Without ScrollViewer it works fine, but without scrolling functionality. With ScrollViewer it works also fine (with scrolling functionality) but with a cut in the middle of the ApplicationMenu button.

The scaling is important for the application because it should be usable for people with disability.

Here is a sample of my code:

<ribbon:RibbonWindow
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:ribbon="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/ribbon"
    xmlns:shared="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/shared"
    xmlns:cilog="clr-namespace:CI_LOG_Client"
    x:Name="Window" x:Class="CI_LOG_Client.Window1"
    ResizeMode="CanResizeWithGrip" 
    Title="Window1"
    Icon="/Images/Saphir.ico"
    ApplicationName="CI_LOG Client"    
    DocumentName="active modulname"    
    HorizontalContentAlignment="Left"
    VerticalContentAlignment="Top" 
    Width="800" Height="600">

<ScrollViewer VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">
           <Grid>
             <Grid.LayoutTransform>
                 <ScaleTransform CenterX="0" CenterY="0" ScaleX="3" ScaleY="3"/> //scaling-size is bound to a slider in my app.
             </Grid.LayoutTransform>

<Grid.RowDefinitions>
                 <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
                 <RowDefinition Height="*" />
             </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<ribbon:Ribbon x:Name="ribbon" Grid.Row="0" ApplicationButtonImage="/Images/Saphir.ico">

</ribbon:Ribbon>
           </Grid>
         </ScrollViewer>
 </ribbon:RibbonWindow>
Any suggestions how I can get scaling, scrolling functionality and a normal Application menu button?

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for the post. This is something that we have actually already worked on for the next major version (currently in development). To test it we have a slider in the statusbar and when it moves, it scales the Ribbon accordingly.

However in the current release version of Ribbon (v1.0), it doesn't draw the title bar area correctly when scaled. I would suggest a couple things to you.

First, move the Ribbon outside of the ScrollViewer. Even in the next major version where scaling works properly, the Ribbon should be static on top of the page and the content area should be what scrolls. If the window size becomes too small, the Ribbon should be hidden.

Second, in the current Ribbon v1.0, don't scale the Ribbon and instead, apply your scale to the content area of the window only. Since v1.0 doesn't yet support scaling, this will work around the limitation. Once the next major version is released, you can restore this code so that the Ribbon scales as well.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Siegfried Kreutzer - Ecolog GmbH
Hi support team,

do you know a release date for the version which includes the above described feature (ribbon scaling)?

Sorry I,ve wrote this just before you've answered my last question ...

[Modified at 11/13/2007 06:27 AM]
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Please see our reply to your post about the slider. We're currently finishing it up. If you'd like to be signed up as a beta tester, we can possibly get it in your hands a little sooner than the official release. Email us if you'd like to sign up as a beta tester.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.