Problem loading ribbon on Vista

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Brad Daszynski
Version: 1.0.0347
Hi. I previously had the demo ribbon installed and it worked with my application. I recently upgraded to the fully licensed version, followed all the install steps, and got it to work on multiple Windows XP boxes. However, when trying to get this to work on a windows vista box, I still get the "Your evaluation version has expired" screen when trying to bring up the application. I have removed the demo and re-added the references in my project. Has anyone else had a problem with the ribbon and Vista? Do you know what the problem may be? Thanks.

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brad,

Typically licensing issues are platform independent however there is one issue where Vista "virtualizes" registry keys. Check out the info on this in the Troubleshooting section of the Licensing FAQ on our Support site. Then please post back whether that is what caused it. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Brad Daszynski
Removing the registry key in the "VirtualStore" as suggested in the FAQ did the trick. Thanks!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.