InvalidCastException with CommandLink

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Charles W. Hooks
Version: 4.0.0261
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I just upgrade the UI studio from 1.5 to 2.0. The syntax editor has been at 4.0 for a while. I had to update all the UI references in my projects to get those working and now the syntax editor is very unhappy with the new CommandLink object. So...

The code that breaks is: syntaxEditor.CommandLinks[index].

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

UIStudio 2.0 and SyntaxEditor 4.0 definitely work fine together and we have plenty of customers using them both. Can you go into more detail on what the error specifically is and any related info? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Charles W. Hooks
I noticed that when we upgraded the UIStudio, you made available a new build for Syntax editor, so I downloaded that and installed it. It solved the problem.

We're no on .0261 for Syntax editor, our previous build nubmer ended in 59, I forget what the 2 preceedig #'s were.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ahh ok, yes whenever you get new builds it is essential that you get the new builds for all products you own since they use a common Shared/WinUICore library and they must use the same one. That would make sense why you got this error before.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.