Tooltip Text Appears Off Visible Screen Area

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
When you use outlining to collapses text, you can hover over the collapsed text indicator to display a tooltip of the collapsed text (up to a certain number of lines). This tooltip typically appears just below and to the right of the collapsed text indicator.

The problem is that sometimes the collapsed text indicator is close to the bottom of the screen. When the tooltip is displayed, it continues to display just below and to the right of the collapsed text indicator. If the entire tooltip cannot be displayed in the visible portion of the screen, it should move up the screen enough so that the entire tooltip is visible (this is how VS.Net does it).

Please let me know if what I'm discribing doesn't make sense.

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I believe this is something that is fixed in version 2.5. Did you get to try it in the pre-release? By the wya, collapsed text is syntax-highlighted in 2.5.

Actipro Software Support

I'm just now implementing 2.5, so I'll try it out and report back. Thanks for the update.
I went ahead and used the sample application to validate this fix, and this is resolved in 2.5. Thanks!!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.