Posted 16 years ago by Jean Versailles
Version: 3.1.0224
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
how do I get a new license?
for a version i bought in 2006?

Comments (6)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Jean, just log into your account with the email address you used when you purchasd it. You can email yourself your license key and download the latest maintenance release for v3.1. Send us an email if you can't remember which email address you used in your account.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thats what id. I login, download the control and click on the email license to email address above link. and inserted the license key from the email i got. when i run a test sample i got this error

ERROR:
An instance of type 'ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.
Make sure that you are using v3.1 of SyntaxEditor (not v4.0) and have a license key that starts with "SED31". If you are sure you have those in place then most likely you entered the wrong Licensee (organization name) when installing. Please see the Licensing FAQ on our support site for detailed steps on how to get licensing working. If you still have issues after reading through that then please email our support staff and we can help you figure out what is wrong.

Actipro Software Support

That is correct and it not working
Then please send us an email (not forum post) so we can work with you further. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

the build and license key was correct

the problem was the wrong "Licensee"

thank you for your help
I hope i didn't cause any trouble or stress.

Jen0s.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.