Ribbon in high-contrast mode

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by liggett78
Version: 1.0.0348
I've got a couple of suggestions that I'm sure would make your Ribbon even more polished.

1) Would be great to have a built-in support for the high-contrast Windows mode (e.g. when you press left Shift+left Alt+PrintScreen). This includes painting the ribbon with current systems colors and fonts when in high-contrast mode. Also changing system font sizes makes all ribbon captions overflow in different directions (which is annoying), though maybe there is a possibility to change the font size in code or create my own renderer for that matter? I've somehow seen some .NET-based, non-WPF ribbon implementations, which to say the least simply ignore any font size you set on them.

2) Minor suggestion: hiding not relevant key combinations, e.g. when I press Alt and want to invoke a particular button/command using shortcuts, like typing "SU" or "F". So if I press "S", only those combinations that start with "S" should be visible, like "SU", "SA" etc. All others like "F" could be hidden, since they can't be invoked any more. This is how MS Office Ribbon handles it too.

Thanks, Joerg

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks we'll check into #1 and will get back shortly.

For #2, good idea... we actually already have that implemented and ready to go for the upcoming major new version.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joerg,

Just FYI, the next maintenance release will have some major improvements in layout for large font mode.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.