NullRef/NativeWindow Possible Exception

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by painetraine
When creating a new instance of the SyntaxEditor control in code, I will occassionally get the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmUpdateUIState(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ParkingWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I can reliably generate this exception in my code (although a blank tester app I can't) and this error always occurs on the following statement:

SyntaxEditor objEditor = new SyntaxEditor();

It may be something I am doing, but can you think of any reason why this exception would occur on the ctor for SE?

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not sure... we do have some code to intercept wndprocs for intelliprompt so they don't steal parent form focus. But that only gets instantiated when a member list, info tip, etc. are displayed, not in the SytnaxEditor constructor. Would you mind testing this in the version 2.5 pre-release for us? I can email you the location if you write me.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0342) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.