Broken links in help file

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Version: 4.0.0262
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi there,

I have noticed a fair number of broken links in the help file, which can make navigating around it something of a pain.

I've found a couple this morning, and provide steps to find them below:

1. In the Contents tree, drill down to the Language Definition Guide > Semantic Parsing > Overview topic. Now click on either of the links to the PerformSemanticParsing method in the first or second sections of the topic. Notice that an error page appears ("The page cannot be displayed", and at the bottom, "Cannot find server or DNS error" ). The link target in question is "mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Actipro%20Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0262\Documentation.chm::/ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxLanguage.PerformSemanticParsing.htm".

2. Again, in the Contents tree, drill down to Class Library > ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor > SyntaxEditor > Properties > Document Property. Now click on either of the hyperlinks to the Document class in this topic. Note that nothing at all happens. The link target here is "mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Actipro%20Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0262\Documentation.chm::/ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.Document.htm"

If I find any more I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Bart

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the notes Bart.

1) In the topic we had it PerformSemanticParsing and it should have been PerformSemanticParse. We now use a new documentation builder app for our WPF products which actually goes through and can look for broken links in topics like this. But for the WinForms product documentation, we unfortunately don't have that capability.

2) We needed to fully qualify the 'see' reference to the Document class since it was just linking back to the property itself.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Bart Read - Red Gate Software Ltd
Thanks, it's not a huge bugbear.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.