UIComponentMouseEventArgs??

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Greg Shaffer - Boulder
Hi,

I recently installed a newer version, and I get compile errors stating that UIComponentMouseEventArgs no longer exists in WinUICore. I did not see any information related to UIComponentMouseEventArgs in any Release History listing.

Wassup?

Thanks,
Greg

Comments (8)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Which method/event are you getting that on? On some classes that were modified/removed that we didn't think people would run into, we didn't list them in the Release History.

The good news is that in the future, WinUICore shouldn't need any major changes like in this new release. We've done a lot of work to make sure that it works with all sorts of other future controls we're making as well as SyntaxEditor.

Actipro Software Support

OnMouseMove and OnMouseHover.
Also, SplitterType is no longer in SyntaxEditor. Where is the property? I see that the property's type has been renamed, but I don't know where the property lives now.

Thanks,
Greg
OnMouseMove should just be regular MouseEventArgs now and OnMouseHover is just an EventArgs.

Actipro Software Support

Yes the splitter code is now merged in the SyntaxEditor class. So all those features are right in the main SyntaxEditor class now instead of Document (because of UI/parsing separation). SyntaxEditor.SplitType is what you want now. And that has a type of SyntaxEditorSplitType.

Actipro Software Support

On my last compile issue. Lots of changes...

I need to get the Location of the mouse in my OnMouseHover so I can call SelectedView.OffsetFromLocation. I used to get it from the UIComponentMouseEventArgs. Do you have a new way to get the mouse location from OnMouseHover(EventArgs e)?

Thanks,
Greg
The best way is probably Control.MousePosition. That's actually what we used to do to supply it.

Actipro Software Support

Nice!

Well thanks for the help. It was relatively easy to implement the interface changes.

-Greg
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.