An exception when Intellisense is invoked

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Miha Markic - Righthand
Version: 4.0.0271
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi guys,

I am getting this exception when I type . after a variable name (when Intellisense is supposed to appear). I see that this problem appears only with variables defined within the snippet (I use header and footer to define the class and method) while Intellisense on method arguments (defined in header) works as expected.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetProjectResolver.GetMembers(IDomType contextType, IDomType targetType, String name, DomBindingFlags flags)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetProjectResolver.b(Hashtable A_0, IDomType A_1, IDomType A_2, DomBindingFlags A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetSyntaxLanguage.b(DotNetLanguage A_0, SyntaxEditor A_1, Boolean A_2)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.CSharp.CSharpSyntaxLanguage.ShowIntelliPromptMemberList(SyntaxEditor syntaxEditor)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.CSharp.CSharpSyntaxLanguage.OnSyntaxEditorKeyTyped(SyntaxEditor syntaxEditor, KeyTypedEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.a(EditorView A_0, Keys A_1, Char A_2, Boolean A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Miha Markic Righthand .net consulting and software development

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll need to be able to debug this to see what the issue is. Please provide us with either exact steps that duplicate it in our Code Fragments QuickStart, or a small sample project of your own that you can email over. Thanks Miha.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.