Schemas, intelliprompt, and ##other

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Brian
Version: 4.0.0271
I have a schema, specifically one for xslt. Many of the elements in the schema are defined with an xs:any option to allow ##other or ##local.

So, this works fine

<xsl:if test="true()" >
   <mytag>

</mytag>
</xsl:if>

Now, how do I define the schema such that the ##other\##local content can have other xsl elements as children?

Right now, this does not work with intelliprompt, but I need it to:

<xsl:if test="true()" >
   <mytag>
       <xsl:val.... (intelliprompt does not give correct results)
   </mytag>
</xsl:if>

Or is there a method I could override in XmlSyntaxLanguage that would let me do this? It seems there may be some functionality in XmlSchemaResolver that could help, but unfortunately none of the meat of the resolution is public.

Thanks,

Brian

Comments (5)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This functionality is not currently supported. It is something we'd like to sort out though and if you want to discuss it in detail and maybe help brainstorm implementation of it, send over an email to our support address.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by medyanik - Software Developer, Direct EDI, Inc.
I've also tried to use Syntax Editor for XSL editing. I thought this would be easy... LOL)
So i also vote for this to be implemented :)
I thought of implementation... I understand that it is almost impossible to validate future result by target schema(especially for complex stylesheets where one uses temporary result-sets or produces XSLt, etc...), but what if there is one magic property which says "Construct XML context only from elements from given namespace" (XSL in our case) ?
Thus we will be able to use any namespaces inside XSL tags, but intellisense and validation will work only for XSL namespace.

Sincerely yours, Oleg Medyanik

Posted 14 years ago by Brian
Is it possible and\or is there a known working sample yet for XSL\XHTML editing? It's coming up on two years since I first asked...

Thanks,
Brian
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

Sorry but we don't have anything implemented for this request yet. Please understand this is one of hundreds of customer requests for the SyntaxEditor product.

We are currently working on getting our WPF version of SyntaxEditor to support the feature areas found in the WinForms version. Outlining and AST/grammar will be upcoming areas we work on. Once we get those mechanisms in place we'll be working on an updated XML language that will work there and will be looking at enhancements that can be made as we convert over. Perhaps this is something we can look at then, but I can't guarantee it. If we do look into it then, we'll implement it in both the WPF and WinForms versions of the add-on though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

Just wanted to let you know the next build will finally have full xs:any support. Check out this blog post for some screenshots:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post.aspx?id=616b5997-3557-45df-a509-438aa1ab62a8

We show how XSLT automated IntelliPrompt will work even within other HTML tags.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.