ErrorDisplayEnabled slower than event ?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
Version: 4.0.0271
Hi,

I developed my own semantic parser that return a ICompilationUnit.

If I set the ErrorDisplayEnabled property to true, it takes about 2 seconds to add wavelines under the tokens in error whereas if I handle the DocumentSemanticParseDataChanged and add the wavelines manually it quite immediate....
Is there a delay or a timer to specify for the ErrorDisplay ?

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

[Modified at 02/20/2008 05:31 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes there is a delay in there by design. You have to consider that most of the time, people will be typing in an editor and during that time, the state of the code will be invalid. People don't want to see error lines show up right after they press a key since they may not be finished typing the code line yet. Therefore, we introduce a small delay before showing errors. This allows errors to show up during typing pauses but not be showing up constantly in the middle of typing, leading to a better user experience. This is what products like Visual Studio do as well.

Then delay can be controlled by SyntaxLanguage.UserInterfaceUpdateDelay.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
Thank you !
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.