Ribbon & Statusbar in xbap web application

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Frederick Ronci
Version: 3.0.0410
Hi there,

Just for the record, i'm currently working with VS2008RTM in Vista-64. I am currently developping an xbap web application and using the Ribbon, which works well so far. I wanted to add a statusbar, but the statusbar doesn't seem to work if I'm not using it in a <ribbon:RibbonWindow>. There again, it doesn't seem to be possible to use the ribbonWindow when creating a xbap web application...

1) Is there a way to use the statusbar without the ribbonwindow in an xbap web app.?
2) Does <RibbonWindow> works in xbap web app. (When doing so, I get a big black box)?

Thanks,

Fred

[Modified at 02/21/2008 02:24 PM]

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
1) Certainly, we are just applying a Style to the normal WPF StatusBar so it can be used anywhere, including an XBAP. All you should need to do is explicitly set the StatusBar style. I believe the "Styles for Core WPF Controls" QuickStart shows this.

2) Unfortunately no object inheriting Window can be used in an XBAP due to security restrictions, thus RibbonWindow cannot be used in XBAP.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Frederick Ronci
I applied the style and it worked great,

Fred
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.