Implementing Intelliprompt support

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by burann
Version: 4.0.0271
Hi,

Been tinkering with the SyntaxEditor for a few days and it have been a pleasure.

I just got one thing that I havnt figure out.

I want to implement IntelliPrompt support for our own class libraries.

I know that I can override OnSyntaxEditorTriggerActivated() and show a member list based on the Trigger.key.

Here is the problem, is it possible to figure out the type of the current "token" and show a different member list depending on the class/type ?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi,

Well that's where things get more complicated. :) In some simple languages you can get a TextStream and just scan the tokens to figure out what to show. Other languages may require that you have more contextual information. For instance, for our add-ons like the advanced C# language, we build a tree representation of the entire document called an AST and use that info along with token scanning to determine what is represented by the text near the caret.

Our parser generator is designed to aid in the parsing and creation of ASTs. And as you can see from our add-ons, the semantic parsers it creates lets you some amazing things when you use the information from the semantic parser combined with token scanning logic.

Our Simple language sample shows a sample of a small "advanced" language that does the semantic parsing to provide IntelliPrompt. You may want to check that out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by burann
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I think I'm going to settle for parsing the code myself (like I do already in our legacy application), its not rocket science since its a simple syntax.

Would a resonable approache be to still do the parsing in the OnSyntaxEditorTriggerActivated()/MemberListTrigger callback ?

[Modified at 03/12/2008 08:41 AM]
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes certainly that is a good place to do it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.