Sort of Auto-Complete

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by byperman - Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Hi,

this question might 've been asked here before, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm trying to implement some sort of auto-complete, but I don't really see how.

What I want:
when someone is typing something, he can press F4 and a intelliprompt member list shows up according to the state we're in (of course no problem so far).
What I want now, is that the intellipromptmemberlistitem starting with what that person was typing is selected.
When one chooses something from the list, the thing he had been typing should be replaced by the value selected in the list.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Brecht

(and thanks a lot for unsealing those ondrag*-methods, works like a charm now!)

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes there is an overload with the member list's Show method that you can use to include existing text as if it was typed when the list was open.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by byperman - Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Thanks a lot.
Posted 18 years ago by Skalfo
In the newest version there is no such overloaded method, or I can't find it anyways. How can I tell the member list that keys have been typed without actually typing them?
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes there are two overloads of the IntelliPromptMemberList.Show method. You'd want to use the one that takes an offset and length parameter. You might also want to look into using the CompleteWord method, which is similar but will auto-complete if there is only one available item, otherwise, show the member list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.