Posted 16 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Version: 4.0.0273
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,
I think I found a bug. If you paste the included code into the test application, only 1 of the methods shows up on the intellprompt list.

public T GetCell<T>(string address)
{
    return default(T);
}

public object GetCell(string address)
{
    return null;
}
I also have a feature request related to this. In visual studio, the above code shows as two entries on the intelliprompt list. I think it would make more sense if it was one polymorphic function. Make sense?

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
As you noticed we've been doing a lot of work recently on the .NET add-on. Generic methods are what we're currently updating. I just pasted your code sample in build 273 and I see what you mean, but luckily it must have already been fixed by the updates we have done for build 274 since it's showing both items there.

The reason they are different items in the member list is due to the member name since one indicates that it is non-generic and the other one that it is generic. Ours is currently like VS and will probably stay like that.

BTW, some of the new features that are about ready for the next maintenance release in regards to generic methods are:
1) If you call the method passing the type like (GetCell<int>(null).), the member list that is displayed will be for int.
2) Generic methods that are extension methods should have IntelliPrompt. So many of the Enumerable Linq generic methods will now have IntelliPrompt working.

We still need to work on examining parameters passed to generic methods to use those for determning the constructed types, and that may not make the cut for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Thanks for the quick update.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Actipro Software Support

Thanks.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.