Posted 20 years ago by hooray
Hello,

We've mailed a while back because of custom development of the Syntaxeditor etc. We're currently evaluating it and wanted to use it in our Development Environment Delphi 2005 (Delphi.NET) in the Forms Designer but it doesn't work. Could you try it and make it working with D2005 as well? That's absolutely necessary for us to have it working, after that it looks like we're finally finished with the evaluation.

thanks a lot,
Alexander

Comments (8)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately we don't own a copy of Delphi.NET and don't know the Delphi language at all. What is the error that you get when you load the control in the designer?

Actipro Software Support

hi!

You can download a Delphi 2005 Trial from Borland.com
Well, he has an import function for importing Windows Forms Controls and I tried that one with your control to have it on my toolbars but it puts out an error to me.. could you verify that?
Also, is there a list of next-to-come features?

thanks a lot,
Alex
hey,

another question that came into my mind.. when buying the component, will one get the c# code for it so that we e.g. could improve it or what happens if that component one day goes away .. ?

thanks!
Alexander
hi!

In the Delphi 2005 Trial go under Component -> Import Component, select .NET assembly, your dll and try to import -> says error when loading dll.. any clue?

thanks,
Alex
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Alexander,

I think the problem is that Delphi seems to be wanting to import the control as a COM object but we haven't done anything to our assemblies to allow them to be used as COM objects. Do you think that could be what is causing the error message?

We have a huge list of TODO features. If you ever want to suggest things, you can write us an email.

Also we do not currently offer source code however if you do need a feature implemented, you can pay us an hourly rate to implement it. Send us an email if this is something that would interest you.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by hooray
hi!

I am not sure why Delphi throws an error, but afaik he is trying to import a .net assembly and that doesn't work with your dll.. any idea, did you try it?

thanks,
Alexander
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes I did try it and got the same error. It might be that we didn't compile our assemblies with COM capabilities since it seems like they are looking for a COM-compatible assembly.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by hooray
hi!

Is there any chance you could compile it with COM enabled and try to import it? Does it work then?

thanks!
Alexander
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.