How to customize the TDI layout?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Matthias Mueller
How can I customize the TDI look, e.g. having a close box on every tab like IE7 does?

-Matthias

Comments (8)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
You'd have to retemplate a couple things to achieve this. But ideally maybe we can work in an option for it in our default templates.

How would you like it to work? IE7 only shows the X on the selected tab. However Blend shows the X on all tabs.

What is everyone's preference?

Actipro Software Support

I would like to have it the Blend way.

-Matthias
Posted 16 years ago by dmelinosky
Well Firefox has them on all tabs, but VS only has one over to the right. Decisions, decisions :)
>>You'd have to retemplate a couple things to achieve this

Make a HowTo or little tutorial on what to do and how to make such a template and I'll be fine.

-Matthias
I've added an option for close buttons on tabs for the next build. It works great.

Actipro Software Support

great!
When will we see the new version?

-Matthias
There have been a lot of support requests this week so that has taken away from dev time. A lot of the available dev time was spent making Office 2007 blue and Vista Aero themes. Those are done other than the Aero theme's dock guides now.

We're just starting to get tool windows to be able to be in the MDI area. However that is buggy at the moment.

I'd like to get some more stability in certain features before pushing out the next build. We are going to try and get a new v3.5 maintenance release out shortly so that we can switch to a v4.0 codebase and then start building Docking right in with the other products. This will mean that you'll have the full source of Docking demos and quick starts right in with everything else in the Sample Browser.

We also will have at least one other major new unannounced product as part of v4.0 and maybe even a second. More info on that next week! :)

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by dmelinosky
Nice! Can't wait to hear whats going in there!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.