LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile() show blank toolwindow

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Dong JIA
Hi all,

When LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile(), if WindowLayoutFile contains some unknown toolwindow layout data(e.g.: an add-in create a toolwindow and its layout data has been saved into WindowLayoutFile. After that I remove the add-in), UI studio will show a blank toolwindow without anything.
How can I remove the blank toolwindow?
I have try to close the TabbedMdiWindow in DockManager.WindowInitializing, but it doesn't work.
From my opion, I hope there is a way to make me can filter out some GUID from layoutdata file.

Thanks in advance.
BR,
Dong

[Modified at 06/11/2008 02:34 AM]

[Modified at 06/11/2008 02:35 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi,

Just set DockManager.AutoCreateToolWindowsForLayoutLoad to false and it will ignore unknown tool windows when loadng layouts.

Actipro Software Support

Hi support,

Thanks for your quick response.

I like the idea to create tool window when LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile(). I has implement code to create real controls when WindowInitializing. Here I wonder whether there is a way to filter some toolwindow out when initializing.

Thanks,
Dong
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry there isn't a way to filter them out as you load. However you can do the full load and then close some.

But also note that if you use the option I mentioned, and you have DockManager.UnknownToolWindowStatePreservationEnabled set to true, it will cache the location info for the unknown tool windows even though it doesn't create "blank" windows for them. Then if you load a tool window later with the same key and activate it, it will use that cached information. That may help accomplish what you want.

Actipro Software Support

Hi support,

Thanks. I will close these unknown toolwindow after LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile().
BR,
Dong
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.