How to get RibbonGallery to show 3 rows

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Charles Thomas
Version: 3.5.0429
Trying to get RibbonGallery to show 3 rows like in MS PowerPoint 2007 Shapes gallery. Have tried setting the ItemPanel to StackPanel/WrapPanel. These show the rows, but do not activate the scroll bars. The default panel only shows 1 row at a time.

Comments (12)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

That is something that is on our TODO list to add. I'm not sure if it will make the v4.0 cut though since we need to focus on getting Docking and Gauge done.

If this is something you require immediately, we can always be hired via consulting to implement this for you. This page has more info:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Charles Thomas
Just checking to see if anything is in the works for making the RibbonGallery able to show 3 rows or if there is a workaround.
So far I have used :
<ribbon:RibbonGallery.ItemsPanel>
<ItemsPanelTemplate>
<UniformGrid Rows="3" Columns="3">

which gets me the 3 rows, but the scroll buttons are not active.

Actually, i would be happy if there is a way to just get the vertical scroll to work with the UniformGrid solution, but so far all of my attempts to force them on do not work.

Thanks
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Charles,

Sorry we haven't had a chance to get to it yet. We have been knocking out some higher priority things like improved interop compatibility with WinForms for the Docking/MDI product, etc.

This item is on our TODO list, but if you need it done immediately we can always be contracted to implement it. When customers contract us for features, we make that work top priority (other than support). More info on that option here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Andy Fouse
Any update on the capability add rows to a Ribbon Gallery (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint Shapes)?

Thanks in Advance
Andy
Hi Andy,

Sorry not yet. We're pretty swamped trying to get WPF Studio 5.0 complete and out the door due to the high demand for Editors and SyntaxEditor. Write back after v5.0 is released and maybe we can look into it then.

Actipro Software Support

Just checking back to see if adding three rows to the ribbon gallery like PowerPoint was a possibility yet?

Please let me know

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

Sorry, getting WPF Studio 2009.1 took longer than expected to get out the door but we're very pleased with it. Now that it is out, we have started working on new features for our existing products. You can see in yesteday's maintenance release, we include a lot of updates to our existing WPF controls.

We haven't gotten to this particular feature yet. I know it's been out for a while... I'll make sure it's bumped up on the priority list so we can hopefully address it soon now that we're past the 2009.1 release.

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

Is there a "Most Recently Used" capability in the Ribbon Gallery?

We would like like the Most Recently used shapes to appear in the top of the popup and always in the shape gallery.

Thanks

Andy
Andy,

If you are doing data binding via ItemsSource, all you'd have to do is sort your items source such that the most recently used items appear first in the collection. The gallery should update appropriately based on that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andy Fouse
It has been a few months since my last inquiry on 7/2, so I figured i would ask again...

Any update on the capability to have a three row ribbon gallery like MS PowerPoint?

Thanks

Andy
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

We haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Sorry, we've been working on making enhancements on other products first. However I can say that we are planning on one more 2009.1 maintenance release in the next 2-3 weeks. After that we hope to get a new 2009.2 version out several weeks later and this is one of the top items we have on our list to accomplish for that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Andy and everyone else who requested this... Just wanted to let you know this feature is confirmed to be part of WPF Studio 2009.2, which should be the build after the next WPF Studio 2009.1 maintenance release. We're making a new QuickStart to show it off too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.