Build 4.0.0451 available

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We've just updated the beta ZIP to build 4.0.0451. It's in the same location as before. This build has a lot of new features and stability improvements.

At this point, the controls should be getting pretty stable. We just started work in these areas:
* Standard (windowed) MDI mode
* Layout save/load

So those areas only currently have partial or limited functionality. We also need to tweak some other minor areas.

However at this time, we want to request that if you see something wrong or missing other than in those two mentioned areas, please post about it here immediately so that we can ensure we have the issues resolved for RTM.

Some new samples have been added to this update:
* Numerous new Docking QuickStarts
* Updated Gauge samples
* Two impressive new Navigation demos
* A new String Resource Browser QuickStart in the Shared Library that lets you see all string resources in our products and how to customize them.

Enjoy!

[Modified at 06/20/2008 07:33 AM]

Actipro Software Support

Comments (6)

Posted 16 years ago by Truls Gartland - CEO, Gartland Systemutvikling
Build 4.0.0451
Rendering Bug
Minor
Cosmetic Only

Reproduce Steps:
- Set up a DocumentWindow in a TDI
- Allow Editing the DocumentWindow Title
- Enter Edit Mode by Double-Clicking the Title in the Tab
- Immediately abort by pressing the Esc key

Observation:
- A dotted rectangle appears around the tab

Additional:
- This does not occur when aborting editing by activating another UI element

Truls Gartland
The reported bug above also occurs when finishing a Title editing by writing and pressing Enter.

Truls Gartland
Hi Truls,

Does this occur in our sample anywhere? It seemed to be working for me when testing with build 251 (did you update to 251?). Also note that the document window must have a focusable child for the proper functionality to work.

Actipro Software Support

I did update (by complete uninstalling AND deleting the 450 build) to the 451 build.

What is the correct build numbers here? Some places it says 0451, other places 451 and you are now referring to 251.

I added CanDocumentWindowsEditTitles="True" to the Root DockSite in your NestedDockSites external sample.

The same behavior was observed.

Truls Gartland
Whoops, you're right, too many late hours! :) I do mean build 451. I'll check out that sample... thanks!

Actipro Software Support

In that QuickStart there weren't any focusable content controls in the tool windows. If I add a TextBox to each of the tool windows, then it works ok. Like I mentioned, there has to be some focusable child content for the focus to go to. Otherwise it focuses the tab, which is what you are seeing.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.