Using Wizard with Blend

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Dave Mecteaux
Hello,

I am evaluating your WPF controls. And I am wondering is there a way to use the wizard in Blend. It seems like I can only view the top Grid of the wizard and none of the later pages. In Visual Studio 2008 I can go and view any pages by right clicking and moving forward or backward. So is there a way to do that with Blend? Or will there be?

Regards,

---Dave

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Dave,

You can configure a lot of Wizard in Blend via the property grid. Check out our documentation topic on Wizard's Blend designer capabilities. You can switch the selected page from the propery grid's SelectedPage item.

However Microsoft in Blend doesn't provide nearly the same amount of designer customization extensibility points that Visual Studio does. While Blend does support property grid customization (which we fully take advantage of), things like custom context menu items and task panes are not possible to be implemented in Blend by us or any other control vendor.

We are close with the Microsoft Blend team and they do have plans to add these extensibility points in the future, but for now we are only able to add property grid functionality and nothing else. Once they do add more extensibility points, we will surely add code to support them.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Dave Mecteaux
Hi there,

Ahh the SelectedPage item!!! Doh!

I find myself doing probably 80% of the visual designing of my app in Blend. Its funny how Visual Studio 2008 seems to be missing some key WPF functions that Blend has and that Blend seems to be missing some functions that Visual Studio 2008 has.

Thanks.

---Dave
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.