Label in ButtonGroup

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Bryan Livingston
I'd like to show a label and an icon together on a button that is inside a ButtonGroup. It appears that currently I can only get a label to appear by not having an icon for the button, but as soon as the icon is added the label disappears and there's no way to get it back.

Could you add support for having both shown for VariantSize=Large or something?

Thanks.

Bryan

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bryan,

What is happening right now is that when you add a control into the ButtonGroup, the ButtonGroup is switching the child control's variant size to Small. This needs to be done otherwise when controls are added (like Bold, etc.) they all would be showing labels, which is normally bad.

One workaround for you on this may be to change the VariantSize property of the particular Label AFTER the ribbon has been loaded.

However do you have any other suggestions for handling this problem? Again, the way it currently is, any explicit VariantSize setting in XAML gets overridden to Small in our code when the child control is added.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Bryan Livingston
Since yesterday, I tweaked and rearranged the layout my ribbon. I switched some of the options from a ButtonGroup to a large StackPanel that collapses. It now uses more of the available space and looks better, so I no longer think I need this type of an option.

Thanks.

Bryan
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We have implemented a fix for this in the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.