Posted 16 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Hi - you asked for new feature requests so you knew that I was going to come up with some! :)

1 thing I had to do recently was to create a comparison text box, such that you have two rich text boxes, one on the left and one on the right, to compare text. What I needed was the ability to keep the scroll state of two syntax editors in lockstep - i.e. applying the exact scroll state of one syntax editor to the other.

I ended up doing it with rich text boxes in the end, which wasn't ideal, but sort of worked.

Only trouble with this feature is that I don't think it would be very useful to a wider audience, unless they are writing diff / comparison functions into their apps.

Will try to come up with some more useful ones!

Comments (4)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

I think you can sync up scrolling right now. I believe there are events on SyntaxEditor that fire when scrolling occurs.

Actipro Software Support

Yep - for sure you can get the position - I just didn't find any neat ways of applying that to the other syntax editor.

There's a lot of methods in editor view to do with scrolling to a known document position, but none that really would allow you do so something like this:

private void editorControl_Scroll(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
otherEditorControl.SelectedView.ScrollTo(editorControl.SelectedView.ScrollPosition);
}

(edit - implied is the scrolling horizontally to match too, by the way! :) )

[Modified at 07/25/2008 04:52 PM]
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Check these out... SyntaxEditor.ViewHorizontalScroll and ViewVerticalScroll events. Then the scrollbar values are EditorView.FirstVisibleX and FirstVisibleDisplayLineIndex respectively.

Actipro Software Support

Aha! Lovely Jubbly!