Preview while drag&drop instead of blue rect

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Frank
I have a simple test application with a DockSite a TabMdiHost in the middle and 2 SplitContainer with 2 ToolWindow.

Now when i run the app and start a Drag&Drop of one toolwindow (while keep holding the mouse button) the DockControl still shows the dragged Toolwindow on its old position and shows only a blue rectangle under the mouse position.
VisualStudio 2008 shows a different behaviour: the dragged toolwindow disappears from its old group. The drop target is also a blue rect.

1) How can i get this behaviour with actipro DockControl?
(remove the dragged toolwindow from its old group while dragging)

2) Is it possible to get a real preview of the drop target with the toolwindow in the new location while dragging it instead of the simple blue rect?

3) when resizing toolwindows inside a SplitContainer the actipro Dockcontrol shows only a gray line when dragging the splitter and shows the new layout of the toolwindows only when we finish the splitter dragging. Visual Studio makes it also like this.
We want to show the new Toolwindow layout and their content already while doing the splitter dragging (live preview!). How can we do that?

Frank

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Frank,

1) Unfortunately there isn't an option for this at this time. I'll add it to the TODO list to look into for the future.

2) I'm not sure this would be possible. The reason is that the drop target area is almost always a different size than the size of the tool window being dragged. The only way to get a real preview picture is to resize the window being dragged to the right size, take a snapshot for preview, and resize it back. However that would probably reflect in the UI and also slow things down if your tool window contents were layout intensive.

3) Right now there isn't an option for this either. I can also add this to our TODO list to possibly add in the future.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.