Control box in MDI window title bar

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Rene Colmenares
Version: 4.0.0456
I have a requirement to be able to remove the minimize icon from an MDI window. Is is possible to remove the individual controls in an MDI window's titlebar?

Regards,
Rene

Comments (6)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rene,

Hmm, we could probably give you a way to disable minimizing with the current codebase if that would help but there isn't an option to completely hide it right now.

I can add that to the TODO list for you though.

Actipro Software Support

I don't need to disable it right now, but I will need to hide it sometime in the future. Adding it to the TODO list is sufficient.

Regards,
Rene
Was this implemented in release 4.5.0470?
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No but it will be in the next maintenance release. WindowControl has new properties like HasMinimizeButton and when using standard MDI, you can set StandardMdiHost.WindowsHaveMinimizeButtons = false to hide minimize buttons.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Mike Strobel - New York, NY
It seems to me that hiding the minimize button should result in the minimize functionality being disabled. To that end, how about naming the new WindowControl properties 'CanMinimize', 'CanMaximize', etc? That would be a little more clear; for example, setting 'CanMaximize' to 'false' suggests that double-clicking the title bar would not maximize or restore the window.

You should also have the CanMinimize property change handler coerce a new value for ResizeMode (if the base value of ResizeMode is set to 'CanMinimize', then it should coerce 'NoResize' instead).

Mike
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I agree, hiding the buttons should disable related double-click functionality if possible. The problem with naming it Can is this though, right now we have a CanClose property. You can see it in the WindowControl QuickStart. It will not hide the close button but rather disables it. I would think that sometimes people would want to be able to keep it visible but just disable it, which is why it is that way.

We tried to use all the existing Window property names and values for WindowControl to make it seamless for transitioning. However Window doesn't even have a way to disable the close button, which is why was originally added CanClose.

See the dilemma? What are your thoughts?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.