Designer support for custom commands

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
Version: 2.0.99
Hi,

In our application we are creating custom commands and I didn't find a way to add those commands in a form using the designer. (We have to insert a standard command, open the designer.cs file and replace the type of the new created command)

If we were able to add the custom commands in the "Customize" form of the barManager
it would be very useful...

Stéphane

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Ok, we can put this on the TODO list. How would you like to see it implemented, as in, how would you want to specify them?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by BLANC Stéphane - Staubli Robotics Suite Product Manager, STAUBLI
I don't know how the command list is filled but I suppose that you're looking for the commands in the designer.cs file
(because once I've changed type of the command I can see it in the Customize toolbox)

Maybe you can include all the commands from the current assembly and
from the assembly added as references in the project
(or select commands to add manually from an assembly)?

Stéphane
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm... still not sure of the best way to do this. Right now it has a fixed list of our built-in commands. I only worry that scanning all assemblies for additional command types would take some time and may slow down the UI.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.