Dynamic Member List Items

SyntaxEditor Brainstorming Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
IntelliPrompt member lists can be more than a list of text to be "auto inserted". They can provide hints like the popular "<New Event Handler>" entries that VS uses to create event handlers and automatic code on the fly. By why makes these entries so basic?

What if you could select an item in the list that would "popup" additional information (like a sub-menu on a context menu). This popped up info could be a form that prompts the user for more information (i.e. to continue the previous example, the name of the new event handler).

What do you think?

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I think you can do this sort of thing now in SE4 by handling the member list selection events and canceling the insert of the item. Instead you show a popup, etc. Can't you?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
Yes, you can do that in SE4, but you have to close the popup to handle it. I was thinking something more like a sub-menu that is displayed while the member list is active and would allow you to "Esc" out of it to return to the member list itself. This would allow the "Hey, what does this do" user mentality to work without having to commit to the action.