Providing Source XAML for Themes

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Mike Strobel - New York, NY
Version: 4.0.0456
I have noticed that some control vendors are shipping all of the XAML resources for their WPF controls alongside the binaries (without requiring a source code license). I know for sure that Xceed does this, and I know there are one or two others. Microsoft also ships all of their standard styles and templates with Expression Blend.

I find it immensely useful to have these resources on hand. It's much easier to create custom control styles and templates when you can look at how the originals were designed and work from there. Yes, these resources can sometimes be extracted with Reflector, but that seems like an unnecessary extra step. Even in Actipro's product documentation (which is pretty extensive compared to the competition), there is often no mention of the named parts that should be defined in custom templates. This again requires opening up Reflector to look for the TemplatePart attributes.

Surely if Actipro were to jump on the bandwagon and start including its XAML resources with WPF Studio, that would be a Good Thing™ (*friendly nudge*).

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comments. Thanks, that is a good idea and we will try to look into automating it as part of our build process to include in the full release installer.

In the meantime, we're always happy to provide the XAML resources to anyone who owns the related product. Just send us an email to request them.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.