Docking to a specific tab group

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by JDEV
When creating a DocumentWindow I specify the docksite where it should be hosted. On activate, it gets hosted in the current tab group.

Depending on the type of document content, I would like to add it as a tab in the TOP or BOTTOM horizontal tab group.

So:
1. Can I determine if the user has created a new horizontal tab group?
2. Can I programmitcally create the horizontal tab group.
3. If so, can I tell a new DocumentWindow to be hosted in the top or bottom group (or move it before it gets activated?

Thanks.

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
There is a hierarchy when you work with tabbed MDI. So you get the DockSite.Workspace to grab the Workspace. When using tabbed MDI, a TabbedMdiHost will be the child of that.

Then its child (and going down recursively) will be either a SplitContainer or a TabbedMdiContainer. Think of TabbedMdiContainers as the leaves of the control tree.

SplitContainer has Orientation properties that tell you orientation.

When you have an activated document window, you can call methods like MoveToNextContainer or MoveToPreviousContainer if it isn't in the right container.

MoveToNewVerticalContainer and MoveToNewHorizontalContainer can be used to create new containers but again I think the window has to be active before those are called.

Hope that helps.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.