Trouble with application deployment

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Salman Mughal
Version: 4.0.0457
I'm trying to deploy a project built with the Navigation, Wizard, and Ribbon controls and am running into trouble. The project uses both managed and unmanaged components so this may be a problem unrelated to the Actipro controls but my current suspicion is it has something to do with Actipro.

The project builds and runs fine on my dev machine with VS 2008 and WPF Studio installed. What I've done on the deployment machine is: copied over all the managed components, copied and registered the unmanaged components, and copied the Actipro assemblies (Navigation, Wizard, Ribbon, and Shared). The application fails to launch and the exception thrown is System.TypeInitializationException. This happens in an assembly which uses the Actipro assemblies.

There are still a couple of things for me to try, but I wanted to see if perhaps someone has already seen this. I want to try deploying the sample project to this machine and see if it runs, and also attach a debugger to the running process on the deployment machine and compare its set of loaded modules to what I get on my dev machine. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Salman

Comments (3)

Actually, please ignore most of what I just posted. The System.TypeInitializationException was caused by my having the wrong assembly copied over. The developer who was helping me gave me the correct list of Actipro assemblies we're dependent on (Navigation, Docking, Ribbon, and Shared), but I accidentally substituted 'Wizard' for 'Docking' and spent a long time not recognizing my mistake. :-(

I'm still having an error, but now it's related to licensing ("no licensing information was found in the assembly that calls the component"), and I'll troubleshoot that myself with the instructions already given before I come back to the forum for help.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Salman
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Salman,

Glad you found the problem. For the licensing, check out the documentation topic on how to apply your license after purchase. That walks through exactly what you need to do to ensure your license gets embedded into your application.

Actipro Software Support

Yup, it turned out the project I was trying to deploy didn't have a licenses.licx file. Following the intstructions in the Licensing FAQ solved the problem.

Thanks again!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.