Static popup groups

SyntaxEditor Brainstorming Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Matt Whitfield
This is probably beyond the scope of what you want to do with SE, but I would find it useful if there was a way to trigger static popup groups through configuration in the syntax language.

So, for language based popups (e.g. the list of commands available after 'DBCC' in SQL or the list of object types after 'CREATE') it would be very useful to be able to configure, for a specified state, a list of items in a static group which would be popped up automatically.

So you might say - after seeing 'CREATE' in the default state, popup the group 'object types'.

Obviously this is pretty easy to do in code, but it might be something nice to add.

edit --> it would also be nice if the popup groups could be edited at run time. Then in the config I could have a rule which said - after 'FROM' popup the groups 'tables','views','user defined table functions','databases'

And then the content of those groups could be populated at run time.

[Modified at 09/04/2008 09:52 AM]

Comments (3)

... ? I guess that means 'no we don't think it's a good idea'?
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matt,

Honestly we're not at that point yet. It's something we can look into when we get closer to doing member list implementation and determining how languages are defined for the updated codebase.

Actipro Software Support

Ok, i'm just excited!! :)