Parameter IntelliPrompt in lambdas broken in 276

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by JesperTreetop
Version: 4.0.0276
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
SyntaxEditor build 276 breaks something that worked in 275: parameters in anonymous methods or lambdas don't seem to be recognized.

This sample demonstrates the problem:

public class Easy {
    public static void Foo(Action<int> act) {
        ;
    }
}

public class Test {
    void Test() {
        int x;
        Easy.Foo(i => i. /** !!! **/ );
    }
}
IntelliPrompt doesn't show up when the dot after the i is typed. There's no tooltip when the mouse is hovered over the i, nor does the i show up in the IntelliPrompt list for variables if you Ctrl+Space after the lambda operator (=>). The x variable in the Test scope is on the other hand perfectly reachable in all these senses. Adding the "int" type to the lambda parameter list or switching to an anonymous method using the delegate keyword doesn't seem to change anything.

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi, are you sure this worked in build 275? I was typing "i." in build 275 and nothing came up there for me either. I'm not sure this IntelliPrompt feature was implemented yet.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by JesperTreetop
I'm almost positive, but I don't have a version of our software that runs this SyntaxEditor version to roll back to. If it turns out it didn't work, I'd of course be happy if it was implemented... ;)
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We're getting there, you can see from our recent blog posts we've been adding more and more C# 3.0 / VB 9.0 IntelliPrompt features.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.