Posted 19 years ago by csharpie
I read that each developer must have a license to use this product. That's fine. But I'm an independent developer and often I'll have a copy of a project both at my client's site and one at my location since I'll alternate between my office and that of the client.

Does that require me to have 2 licenses?

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Well in your situation it becomes a little gray since for your development, you only require a single license that can be used. However, once you finish the project for your client, if any of their developers maintain it, they must have a developer license of their own or else they are operating illegally. Make sense?

So I guess you could get one for yourself now, and then tell them they would need a license for their maintenance resource after you have completed the project and moved on.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by (Anonymous)
No - I don't let my clients touch the code if they want support. This is strictly for myself when I work in two or more different locations. I do the bulk of my work at my location, but I often must go on-site and do some development there.

So I guess what I asking is: Can I have multiple installations of SyntaxEditor at different locations at the same time for my own use only?
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If it is for working on a project for the same organization (seems to be yourself in this case) then multiple installs with one license should be fine.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.