Modal dialogs?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Bob Fera
Version: 4.5.0471
Hello,

I'm very new to the .NET environment, and I just downloaded a trial version of WPF Studio the other day, so please excuse me if this is an overly basic question...

Can the WindowControl be displayed modally? I haven't found anything in the documentation that indicates that it can. If it can't, is there another way to have an app that's using the WPF Studio display a (themed) modal window? I know I can do it with a vanilla WPF window, but I was hoping to be able to stick with the Actipro controls as much as possible in order to take advantage of their builtin themes.

Thanks!

Bob

Comments (2)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bob,

Thanks for looking at WPF Studio.

WindowControl is just a regular Control so it can't be used in a top-level way like a Window can. That being said you could possibly do a Window with no border and put a WindowControl on it. However you'd proabably need to wire up the various events to resize, close, etc.

Alternatively if your main Window has something like a Canvas near its root with the normal contents stretched to fill, you could make a special UserControl that had a transparent background (so it appears transparent but catches mouse clicks) and put a WindowControl centered in it. That would sort of mimic a modal dialog.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Bob Fera
Thanks for the ideas and the quick reply! I'll give them a try...

Bob
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.