QuickInfo window size; not showing all parameters

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Devel
Version: 4.0.0276
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I am able to use Intelliprompt as expected, how ever when I specified the XML comment specification for a VB Method the window thats pops up ( tool tip) does not show all the parameters, it gets chopped off at some size. In this case I am able to see Summary and parameter definition for a1. How do I control the size of that tool tip/QuickInfo window or turn on some auto size option. I tried all of these

syntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.QuickInfo.MaximumWidth = 1000; syntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.QuickInfo.CollapsedOutliningNodeMaximumCharacterCount = 1000;
syntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.QuickInfo.Bounds.Inflate(500,500);

The specification is as follows

''' <summary>
''' This method does something really neat
''' </summary>
''' <param name="a1">this is a date 1</param>
''' <param name="b2">this is a date 2</param>
''' <param name="c3">this is a date 3</param>
''' <code tag>
''' Dim a1 As DateTime = YYYYMMDD("1/2/2008")
''' Dim b2 As DateTime = YYYYMMDD("1/2/2008")
''' Dim c3 As DateTime = YYYYMMDD("1/2/2008")
''' </code tag>

please advice. thank you.

Also we currently have a very restrictive control and want to show only few methods and even when I do not add any system references I see some Vb specific key words like "If" "while" "AddHandler" etc. We do not want to show them. How can I get rid of those?

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We haven't really seen anything get chopped off. Can you possibly provide a simple sample project that shows it happening and email it over?

There is a topic on member list filtering in the documentation for the add-on. Check that out since you can filter out member list items with the described techniques.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.