Issue in undo redo in script editor.

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Simran
Version: 4.0.0277
Hi,

I have tried Actipro trial version in my application for Undo/redo. The undo redo stack entry in this was like if I press Space then write ABC the stack entry was like below

" "
"A"
"B"
"C"

Now we have purchased the Actipro and have a licensed version.
The redo/undo functionality in this is some what different then in trial version.
like now i press Space then write ABC the stack entry was like below

" ABC"

I need the same functionality in licensed version as in trial version.

Please tell me what changes I should do to resolve my problem and found the same stack as in the trial version.

Very Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The functionality you first described was a bug introduced in a certain maintenance release and we fixed it to be back like it is now (and how it always was previous to that maintenance release).

The grouping when typing characters in a row is the indended behavior and there isn't a way right now to turn off grouping when tying characters in a row.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Regarding the Undo Redo Query posted by me earlier, would it be possible to somehow use the Undo Redo functionality in the old unlicensed version in the new licensed version by using the dll’s used in the former. We would require the licensed version of old dll’s rather than new Version?

Thanks
Yes probably, the old evaluation version would probably pick up your license data ok if you uninstalled the newer one and installed the old evaluation one.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
The Undo redo feature in Actipro takes a whole sentence rather than a single word at a time in the undo redo stack. This does not suit our purpose. Please provide help for the same.

Thanks
Hi,
The Undo redo feature in Actipro takes a whole sentence rather than a single word at a time in the undo redo stack. This does not suit our purpose. Please provide help for the same.

Thanks
Hi,

We want to group entries into the stack as words rather than sentence. Can we use StartGroup and Endgroup functions for grouping words. If yes then how?

Thanks
Simran,

Right now SyntaxEditor works like other major code editors, where it will combine any sequential runs of typed text together to save on memory. It doesn't have any logic for sentences or words, etc. It's just looking to see if a character you typed was right after a typed character in the last undo item and if so, combines them. Unfortunately I'm not sure how we would accommodate your request.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

We want to group entries into the stack as words rather than sentence.
as done in visual studio editor for example
if we enter a "This is Test"
the stack entry should be like this
"This"
" "
"is"
" "
"Test"
Is there any way to do this in Actipro editor.
Can we use StartGroup and Endgroup functions for grouping words.
Please tell me the resolution for this as we have to use stack as words in our application.

Thanks
Simran,

I understand the request, I was just saying that there isn't a way to do it right now. StartGroup only works when you know what is coming next and can properly end the group at a later time. If you were able to create undo groups I believe that would break things up. But you'd have to manage setting the start and end and I feel that would be pretty hard and likely buggy.

This is not really a request that anyone else would likely want, so if you would need us to implement something then we'd have to have you contract us to do it. More information on that is here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.