Multiple languages - One document memberlist

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 16 years ago by Jose Luis
Version: 4.0.0277
Hi,

I want to create a SyntaxEditor control with a combobox to select language (SQL, Vb, VbScript). I have added the same assemblies as the sample proyect. My problem is when choosing SQL or VbScript doesn't display the memberlist.

Is it possible to load the same memberlist from the assemplies to all languages? including my own assemblies.

Thanks,
Jose

Comments (3)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jose,

Sorry but I'm not clear on what you are attempting to do. Can you explain in some more detail? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Jose Luis
Hi,

I'm trying to create a control, where the user must be able to choose the language between 3 languages, with a combobox. The user must be able to have the same intelliprompt memberlist, quickinfo and parameters for the 3 languages.

I've loaded the languages from xml lexers files. I've already created the memberlist from my own libreries. My problem came from the way I load the languages, I loaded VB from the VBDotNetDynamicSyntax class from the example, with the DotNetProjectResolver, and the others from the lexers; when the language changes the memberlist, parameters and quickinfo dissapears.

Now I'm not sure about how to set the parameters and the quickinfo from the same libraries.

I'm not sure about witch way is better to load the language. Maybe someone know the way to load VB from the VBDotNetDynamicSyntax and don't loose the intelliprompt memberlist, parameters and quickinfo. And if that's not possible I hope someone knows how to add the parameters and quickinfo from my own libraries.

Thanks, and excuse my english...
Jose.
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Jose,

Ahh I see now. Thanks for the reply. Yes the .NET Languages Add-on manages IntelliPrompt on its own based on reflection etc. So it will wipe out anything that you had setup for the other languages.

That being said you could create a class that inherits the VB language class. Then override these methods to NOT call their base methods:

IntelliPromptCompleteWord
OnSyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListItemDescriptionRequested
OnSyntaxEditorKeyTyped
OnSyntaxEditorViewMouseHover
ShowIntelliPromptMemberList
ShowIntelliPromptParameterInfo
ShowIntelliPromptQuickInfo

That will probably do it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.