UnDocked ToolWindow not being displayed

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Miriam Kuruvilla
Version: 2.0.0105
I have multiple ToolWindows docked inside a DocumentWindow. When I drag out a docked ToolWindow, its state becomes DockableOutsideHost. When I save this layout and reload it, the undocked ToolWindow loads, and its Active and Visible properties are true, but I cannot see the ToolWindow.

My initial suspicion was that it was hidden behind the document, but that is not the case.

When I call Activate() on the ToolWindow, it shows up in the correct position. Is there a reason why the ToolWindow is not displayed by default after the layout has loaded?

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Miriam Kuruvilla
I think I have resolved this issue.
I was calling DocumentWindow.Activate() after setting the ToolWindowLayoutData property.

So I changed it such that the ToolWindowLayoutData is set after I called DoucmentWindow.Activate and this seems to display the ToolWindows on top of the Document and in the correct location.

Miriam

[Modified at 12/11/2008 11:42 AM]
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Miriam,

Good, I was going to ask if you were sure your nested DockManager within the DocumentWindow was visible before you try to load the layout.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.