Hotkeys activating automatically without ALT key

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Anurodh Ora
Version: 4.5.0482
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

I am using ribbon window for my application.

I have assigned some hotkeys for buttons in it, which must be fired when user press specified character with ALT key.

However, the hotkeys gets fired as the specified character is pressed without using the ALT key.

For example: I have button for Help and H for hotkey. As Open the window press only H then it fires the command.

Please look in to it.
Is this a know issue or a bug.

Thanks

Anurodh

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Anurodh,

AccessText (native WPF control) is what is automatically handling the key in that case. Here's the explanation. The Ribbon is flagged to be a separate focus scope like Menus and ToolBars are. When your keyboard focus is in the main focus scope, anything with AccessText needs the Alt+(key) combination to execute it. However if your Menu, ToolBar, or Ribbon contains keyboard focus then Alt is not needed.

Therefore I believe your problem is that you have keyboard focus in the Ribbon. Make sure keyboard focus is initialized to somewhere outside of the Ribbon and in your main window content area instead.

Do that and it should resolve it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.